Wow...Elsa is done. I am so happy with how she turned out and learning a lot during the process! I don't want to show you how she looks yet. Let's look at the process to get her where she is now....
The last time we left off, Elsa was pretty much done with the exception of some blending in her hair, her dress, and the snow/glitter. Using the "Medium" Daffodil Delight Blendabilities marker, I softened the brown in her hair to make it blend better. Next step, her dress. The bodice of her dress looked like sequins to me, so I started with the Dark "Coastal Cabana" Blendabilities marker and created random specks, focusing on the shadowy contours of her bodice. I followed up with the Medium "Coastal Cabana" and did the same thing, only taking some of the specks in the center, where the white and light blue would be to ensure proper blending. Light "coastal Cabana" was next and filled in the rest of the area. I did NOT blend this too much as I wanted it to look more defined. Then I used the Color Lifter to make some random areas light and to make highlights. You can see what it looked like in one of the first pictures above...look to the right of her right arm
I've mentioned before that I'm not good at staying on one type of medium and completing it before starting another. With that said, I NEEDED to finish this look, so I went in with some Dazzling Details over the top of the bodice.
Now I could start working on her arm and cape.
Her other arm was just like the left, so I won't spend too much time here. Just start with the Darker color for the shadows, then work out using Medium, then Light. If needed, finish with the Color Lifter.
As for the cape, use the same three colors for the bodice, and starting with the Dark shade, color in the deep crevices....
Follow with the medium, then the light. Blend well.
Ready to emboss?? :) This is so fun for me. Now, Stampin' up sells a great product called Versamark. It is a slow drying clear ink that will allow your embossing powder to stick to your stamped image. The problem I had was that I didn't have a stamped image...so I improvised. First, I new that the embossing powder needed to be mostly clear with some "shimmer"...so I mixed the Clear Embossing powder with Stampin' Glitter in Dazzling Diamonds...
about 50/50. Next, I took a piece of lace ribbon and a sponge dauber. I covered her cape in sections with the lace and daubed on the versamark, working fairly quickly to make sure that the versamark didn't dry.
I covered the versamark immediately with the Clear Embossing Powder/Stampin' Glitter combo and dry with heating tool. I didn't worry about static because in this case, any leftover embossing powder that sticks will look shimmery and "snow-like".
Now, for the snow-effect. I mixed up some Stampin' Up white embossing powder and glitter...about a 50/50 mix as well. There were a couple of areas that I wanted to have actual snowflakes on her dress, and I had another dilemma. All of my Christmas Snowflake stamps were in storage. I had to improvise again...I used a Versamarker, which is the exact same thing as Stampin' Up's Versamark, only in Pen form. Note-sorry for the spoon in the background. I was hungry. :)
That way, I could free-draw some snowflakes and cover them with some white/glitter embossing powder.
I continued with this process until her cape was completely done and it was so cute! One thing that I learned: It's hard to emboss OVER an existing emboss. Lesson learned.
Now for the background. Shoot. I didn't want Elsa to get ruined while working on the background...so I used my Cricut Explore once again! I used the picture about and uploaded it into Design Space. I created the Elsa outline, cut it to the proper size, and voila! I perfect stencil to cover my drawing! If you want more info on how to do this, I have a tutorial on that as well. :)
I knew I wanted the background to be a mixture of Island Indigo, Coastal Cabana, and a tiny bit of pistachio pudding and daffodil delight, but was worried about blending correctly, so I went back to my trusty sponge daubers and regular Stamp pads. In order to create the "cloudy" background, I tore strips of paper randomly and used them as templates to use my daubers on....you can see below how I did this..notice how even though the "Elsa" stencil was slightly smaller than the actual Elsa image, I was able to move it around to cover her, so I had no problems! I used the dauber in darker colors up top and slowly worked down until I got to the mountains. I finished the sky with random Daffodil Delight and Pistachio Pudding sponged on top to give it a little color.
The mountains were very much like Elsa's dress and cape, so I won't go into much detail here. I started (again) with the Dark "Coastal Cabana" Blendabilities marker to get the crevices of the mountain and really focused on making them "random" and imperfect. I followed with the medium, then light colors. After that, I went in with my Versamarker and highlighted the areas I wanted snow in as well as some snowflakes. Once again, I didn't care about static electricity because I wanted random "snow" in the background.
Here's how it looked at this point..
For the final part, Versamarker was used to create the falling snow, snowflakes, and embellishments on Elsa's Dress and hair. I took the liberty to use it wherever it needed "something" and was able to put the white embossing powder/glitter combo over the top, heat set, and I was finally done!
As always, please share, comment, visit my website to order, or All of the above! Hope you enjoyed my little blog!
Below are items used for this project. Click on item(s) for more info
TAKE A LOOK AT THE ITEMS I USED TO CREATE THIS PROJECT!